Monday, February 2, 2009

Fragments of a Week

From Black Sand Journal

New Jersey is somewhat redeemable when you see it from across the Hudson. No matter the direction I'm walking in, the snow always slaps me across the face. There is something about her presence that reminds me of Cheshire cat. Looking at a broken mirror gives the most honest reflection of myself. I will not buy a cupcake. Vile temptress of a cupcake. Yum. He top scored with 66 runs. I wonder if my mother wants to hang me for treason? If I had refilled my zippo I could have offered him a light. If I had a cigarette I could have asked him for a light. It should be illegal for tall men to wear frayed baseball caps after sunset. My foot is throbbing after kicking a lamp post on the corner of SoHo park. He cuts the right wire just before I'm about to detonate. I felt complete at midnight in Alphabet Town.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Personally I'm happy that all we need are red and green lights, a fountain and Chrismas lights on leafless trees to feel complete. I don't know how to want more.

Roshana Vander Wall said...

I do miss looking at the falling snow in the light of a street lamp though...it has been so long since I've seen something real that made me see the world with a childlike wonderment. Twinkle in the eye and all...