Monday, February 9, 2009

Symptoms of Sorrow

From Black Sand Journal

I cannot sleep for longer than two hours at a stretch. I work out for three hours and do not feel tired. I kick trash instead of picking it up. I am more narcissistic than usual. I write people long messages, then click delete instead of send. I stay away from my phone. I do my homework between the hours of one and four in the morning. I listen to the same album on repeat, every hour of the day. I take walks at night around the areas of the city that I should probably avoid. I have the power to cheer myself up, but I am waiting in the hope someone else will.

5 comments:

Roshana Vander Wall said...

You're suck with a catch 22 my darling.

Gehan said...

I have the power to cheer myself up, but I am waiting in the hope someone else will.

love that line.. well written :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot sleep for longer than two hours at a stretch. On the days I do sleep, I feel tired as soon as I wake up. I can't write or talk to anyone but spend hours scribbling in my journal. Hidden thoughts, too painful to share. I don't listen to albums but certain songs turn themselves over and inside out in my head. I walk out of office for no reason. Just to walk. Because I need to move. I have the power to cheer myself up, but I am waiting in the hope someone else will.


...it's amazing how alike and different we are.

I love you. Don't be sorrowful. Talk to me.

Gypsy

Mike said...

If you walk around the city at night in places you should not be when yuou are sad, what does that say about me if I do it all the time especially if I am happy, dear.

Nicole Callihan said...

Hey, I can't sleep either, but I think it's because I have a bed full of birds.