Monday, December 1, 2008

Ode To Stefhan

Decided to hide this further back in my blog - it was actually written during Summer 2009 and published on August 30th 2009.

Following in the footsteps of Cassius Clay,
I'm not only starting to box,
I wrote you a poem as my personal way
Of declaring, "my friendo rocks!"

You love watching big men fight mano-a-mano
And some people might think that gay,
But I bet you rather mount Gina Carano
(You know I would too any day).

That vlog where we talk about Ellen's clitoris
Might have got us in some trouble,
For those who did not think us so vociferous,
We were bursting quite the bubble.

But our best friendship is defined by jokes like that
And high fives between chats on life,
I know your weapon of choice in single combat
Would be my Dad's kitchen knife.

My sable-haired friendo, what a summer it's been,
I can't measure how much I've changed,
Thanks for keeping me happy, coherent and clean
As opposed to drunk and deranged.

Despite my hundred day liquor-free vacation,
That Ribena-Thambili drink
Must be your greatest mixed-beverage creation,
(It tastes better than one would think).

Though our friendship is usually convivial,
You've also steered me through hard times,
Remember all my problems become trivial,
If the help that you seek is mine.

There is no one else in the world I'm more missing,
I wish you could come back with me,
In an N.Y.C. park one night you'll be pissing,
I promise, friendo, wait and see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friendo, friendo, you're too cool i swear.

Remember its all about the comeback...

lol i'm too emotional to give you a long and deserving comment but you are the best friend i have ever had and i love you.

i expect great things from you friendo, but i rest in the ease of the knowledge that all my expectations will be exceeded.

now i've got a hole in my ear and it really hurts ;) so i'm gonna do a double shot of vodka and go to sleep.